Bishr Shiblaq is the Founder and Managing Director of Nomilux. Furthermore, he acts as an independent director and member of the board to other firms.
Prior to that he established and headed the MENA office of the leading Luxembourg law firm, Arendt & Medernach for around 10 years. In this capacity he advised leading financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, MNCs and family offices in both Europe and the Middle East on all issues relating to the structuring of international transactions and the setting-up of regulated or unregulated investment structures. Bishr also specialises in finance-related matters, in particular structured finance, securitisations, asset finance, Islamic finance, as well as in private wealth.
- Bishr has been recognised by MENA Fund Manager Magazine for six consecutive years as amongst the thirty most influential individuals providing services to the MENA funds industry and by Islamica500 for three consecutive time as amongst the fifty leading individuals in the Islamic economy.
- He is a regular author on finance in various journals and other specialised publications and is regularly invited to speak on fund-related topics at conferences in Europe, the MENA region and Asia.
- Before joining Arendt & Medernach in Luxembourg and establishing its Dubai Office in 2008, he worked for several years within the legal department of a leading research institution funded by the Federal Government of Germany.
- Bishr holds a master’s degree in law from the University of Cologne (Germany), as well as a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Economic Law from the University of Warwick (UK).
- Furthermore, he acts as an independent director and member of the board to other firms.
- He is a Certified Investment Fund Director (CIFD) by the Institute of Bankers (Ireland).
- He speaks English, German, French, Arabic, and Spanish.